Educators & Parents
What We Can Do For You, Inside and Outside the Classroom
Welcome Educators and Parents!
Whether you are taking your first step into youth avalanche education, or you are looking for some new material for your program, the Canadian Avalanche Centre aims to be the hub hosting what you need. There are a lot of resources already developed to help you. Take a look at the list below on what is available. If you do not find what you are looking for, or have questions, give us a call and we'll help you out.
What the CAC can do for you
- Looking for ideas on what avalanche education consists of? Or when you should begin talking about the consequences of "ducking the lines"? Check out our youth avalanche education Guidelines.
- Only got a minute? We have ready made curriculum ideas, fun activities & lesson plans.
- Looking for materials and media resources? Free Avalanche School Kits and other resources have been grouped together for you.
- Behind the Lines - Facebook page hosts up to date information, blogs, a video contest (Huge Prizes!) and more. Take a gander through it with youth in your life.
- Rescue gear is a must in the backcountry and once you've ducked the ski hill lines. Our Tool Box of avalanche safety gear visits communities for free!
- Maybe you would like your child or students to receive avalanche education but you do not feel you are the right one to deliver it. Check out a list of Avalanche Awareness Programs available in your area.
- Create your own program! Many community groups have innovative ideas on delivering and funding youth avalanche awareness.
- The youth avalanche educator community is growing. The CAC puts out a newsletter to this community to share ideas and resources. If you would like to receive the newsletter send an e-mail to email@example.com Find the latest edition as a link on this page. More past editions can be found on the Curriculum ideas/Lesson plan page.